Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Times are changing!

Many things are changing and I wanted to be able to keep others updated and informed on what all is going on here at the Overcash house. I have had to drop out of nursing school and petition to reenter into the fall new class. I am awaiting anxiously everyday for the letter or phone call which will determine my fate for this fall. In the meantime I have just been offered a job. There is a new restaurant opening in Hickory. I will be the daytime Hostess at East Coast Wings & Grill. It is an amazing place and the food is awesome. Find out if there is one near where you live and go try I highly recommend it. I have been in training all week and think I am going to enjoy this job! So excited fro the opportunity of our mock night Saturday evening where we will be serving the Hickory Mayor and police department. I have been given the title of Director of both of our churches VBS for the summer. Malachi is all into baseball this spring. He is in Pre-Kindergarten and excelling extremely well. He has so many friends and learns new things everyday. He is getting so much better at writing his name, spelling, and trying to sound out a word. It amazes me everyday as to how much he has learned in the short time he has been at school. We had to sign him up for Kindergarten and with all the changes and things going on in our district we will have to apply for a transfer to be able to keep him at his same school. We hate the process we will have to go through but are willing to do it to keep Malachi in the best situation for him. He is signed up to play baseball from April 25-June 25 at the YMCA in Hickory. I can't wait to see him play coach pitch baseball. he loves to come home everyday and play in the backyard with daddy and I. He loves our trips to the park and the Science Center in Hickory as well. He is also a part of the Hickory Crawdads Kids Club. He loves to go to the games and meet the players. There is always so much fun going on with Malachi but I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world. This picture is Malachi and his 'girlfriend' Brooke! Pete of course is as busy as always with his two churches and ministerial groups. He loves to get out and play with Malachi every evening. He even loves to play hide and seek in the house! It is funny to watch Malachi searching all over the house for Pete, when I know exactly where he is. Pete is teaching Bible study, assisting me with VBS, preparing all the Easter special services and events, and still completing all his requirements for his ordination process. I am hoping to make this a daily thing and keep everyone updated! So please choose to follow us and stay up to date with all our happenings!

No comments:

Post a Comment